Tuesday, July 12, 2011





Hello friends and family!

I wanted to update you on all the great things that have been happening at the Barrymore Outreach, with the YWAM boys, and with the Karen ESL Outreach!

Barrymore Outreach has continued to be an amazing blessing to Ellen and I. We have had so many healings and blessings it just constantly surprises us. Recently a lady came and reported that months ago when we prayed over her she had throat cancer. When she went to the doctor, the cancer was completely gone! Also, she is a diabetic, and the doctor had to lower her medication to almost nothing! We were amazed, as we barely remember praying for her! God is extraordinary!

We had another increidble thing happen. I decided to do a teaching on the baptims of the Holy Spirit. These people live such difficult lives that I wanted them to have access to all the power they could. I did the teaching and then asked who wanted to receive. They all raised their hands. We started with S, and it was rough going. We told her to continue to press in and we went on to AF. God poured His Spirit out on her and she was crying and praying in tongues, and getting delivered. It was wonderful. The rest ended up receiving as well and we all had a wonderful time in God's presence. But there was more! As AF is walking out the door we noticed she looked sparkly. We thought it was her make up until she got outside and we all gasped! Her face looked like it had been dipped in silver glitter! None of have ever seen anything like it! I have heard of people getting glittery from being in God's presence but I have never seen it! Her family said it lasted for days! Her granddaughter came up to me and thanked me for the Bible study. She said her Grandma is a new person. No more yelling, or hitting, or cussing. She said when her Grandma is mad she goes and prays instead of lashing out. Thank you God!

Please pray for K. She is suicidal, and is cutting herself with razor blades. She feels hopeless after losing her last child to CPS. She needs an encounter with God.

It has been a great time with the boys from YWAM Dallas! Juan graduated from college, Jose and George from High School. Juan is the first YWAM boy to graduate from college and George and Jose the first to graduate from High School in their family! It was such a thrill to watch them graduate!


Two of the graduates!



Sadly the Karen Outreach has come to an end. It was difficult for me to continue with the ESL classes after I moved on from YWAM Dallas. It was a sad good bye, but good timing as the people who have the apartment wanted to do some new things for the summer. I miss my guitar class with the Karen kids too!
My guitar pal!

The Karen ladies make beautiful Karen weavings that they sell so that they can stay home for their children. If you are interested go to: http://www.hope4refugees.org/kli-kla

God continues to show Himself strong in all areas of my life. I will update you later on Refuge City.

Your love, prayers, and giving make it all happen. I am grateful! Barbara






No comments: