"It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can!
So many amazing things have been happening I just had to update you all!
Refuge City has been approved by the IRS as a tax exempt organization! My accountant called me and said: "your friends called me". I was surprised and asked which ones. He said: "the IRS." I laughed wondering when the IRS had become my friends! He said that the IRS had called him and said that they were going to fax him a paper, and if I would sign it and fax it back, I would be immediately approved! I had been counseled to be patient, that best case scenario was 4 - 6 months, sometimes even up to a year. From the day my CPA mailed it to the day he called was 22 DAYS! He said that has never happened to him before! When God wants something done IT IS DONE!
I have gotten a facebook up. I would appreciate all you facebook users "liking" it. It is:
Here is the Refuge City information. If you would like to donate you can send a check here. I will be getting the website going soon, and putting a paypal button on the facebook as well. As an FYI: I am not getting paid by Refuge City. I will continue with my own personal support at World Missions Advance. The money that goes into RC will be 100% for the house.
Refuge City
PO Box 802948
Dallas, TX 75380-2948
We have received some beautiful furniture for the house. No, we don't have the house yet! The Lord gave me the scripture: "Behold the days are coming, say the Lord, when the plowman shall overtake the reaper." Ezra 9:13. I told the Lord I would take it if I could get free storage and help and a truck. I was in the Sojourn Ladies Prayer and I am not exaggerating to say that it was done in less than a minute!
I was sent an opportunity to apply for a grant. I googled grant proposal and followed the directions! Haha! I just submitted it so please pray! I do not have an amount but any amount would be wonderful. It is through Dallas Social Venture Partners. It would be a huge blessing and I believe it is ongoing.
I have tackled the 325 page regulations for licensing so I know exactly what is expected. I am purchasing a computer on Sunday and beginning the paperwork next week. I believe I have found a school that will let us do online, in-house schooling. I have been connected with counselors that have been trained in Stockholm Syndrome, which is the type of trauma these kids have suffered. It is likened to people who have been in concentration camps. I have found a substance abuse group that is willing to partner with us. I have a case worker who wants to help. In other words it is all coming together, so quickly, I feel like I am running to keep up!
Prayer list:
* we would get the grant
*we need the house :-)
*speaking opportunities to share the vision ( feel free to invite me!)
*increase in funding
*God would give me the grace to get through the paperwork
I love you all! I am deeply grateful! Barbara
No comments:
Post a Comment