Wednesday, April 20, 2011


Dear friends and family,


Greetings from Dallas!


The months of March and April have been difficult months for me, months of transition and change. I am a person who normally loves both, but this time I have not.


Many months ago the Lord began speaking to me about the Human Trafficking issue. He wanted me to do something about it. I did not know what to do, I knew little or nothing about it. So I began to pray. He told me that the people coming out of trafficking have no place to live, to rest and to heal. So I contacted a local agency and asked them what their greatest need is. They said there were two: 1. Better laws to prosecute. 2. There are no safehouses for the being being brought out. So I knew I had heard from the Lord. So I began to wonder how that would fit in to YWAM Dallas. We had a piece of land. Is that where the safehouse would be? Then the Lord gave me a dream. The dream was about being the leader of it, and building a city of houses, both in the US and abroad! I was truly overwhelmed by the thought! I knew that could not happen through Y Dallas, so that would mean started my own non profit. I was scared by the thought of that kind of responsibility. Then the Lord gave me this verse: Is 37: 6: "Do not be afraid of the words which you have heard....." When I said ok to Him, it began an outpouring of dreams and words, and confirmations. I investigated starting the non profit through YWAM, but is is not possible, so I will set out on my own.


Saying good by to YWAM Dallas has been like being ripped in half. I have cried and cried. I am continuing the Barrymore Outreach and the ESL classes to the Burmese women as long as I can, but I have let all else go.


And so I move forward. Please pray! This is a dark and dangerous multimillion dollar business. It is truly infiltrating the lair of the enemy.


I will keep you updated as I move step by step. I have been amazed at the help that is already coming forth. God is awesome. We are never alone. He has plans and people to help and to pray.


I am thankful to all of you who stand beside me so faithfully. If any of you would like to know the long version ( the dreams and the words) please let me know and I will send them.


God bless you! Barbara



Here is an exciting pic! Here is me and K, the lady who told us never to touch her, who gave her life to Jesus on my birthday! So we blew out the candles together, me celebrating a physical birthday, and her celebrating a spiritual one! Thank you God for such a gift!

No comments: