Hello friends and family!
I am happy to say that we have been experiencing such a wonderful work of God that I thought I must write to you about it. If I told you all of them this wire would be so long you would give up reading it, but here is a sample of them.
D is a 28 year old, really handsome guy. When I first saw him and asked him if I could pray for him he took off running. The next time Ellen and I cornered him and prayed for him, the third time he came to us and stayed and stayed, crying as Ellen held him in her arms like a baby. He has been in some sort of lock up since he was eleven. This is his first time out for any length of time. Well, his cousin did something illegal, and they were blaming it in D. He was looking at prison again, if he did not turn in his cousin. We prayed that God would do a miracle, and the charges would be dropped. Then we did not seem him for months. I finally saw him on Tuesday, and he said: "You will not believe it Miss Barbara! The charges have been dropped! It is a miracle! I am free! So many good things have started happening in my life, that I am afraid to believe it!" We thanked God and prayed that good things would be the norm for him.
Through a lot of work (and favor) I have gotten one of our boys, R, into Dallas Can Academy. He is 17 years old and in the 8th grade. When I was getting his withdrawal letter from his last school, it came out that he did not finish his "time" there. He was put in an alternative school for bad behavior, and his Mom withdrew him and lied, saying she was moving out of state. ( to save herself from facing truancy charges.) The Alt. school said that they will not let him in Dallas Can with that hanging over his head. Dallas Can has never asked about it with R or I so I am praying that they will let it go and enroll him regardless. R's parents kicked him out because they said that he is old enough and they don't want to feed him anymore so he is living at YWAM Dallas now. We have seen such a change in him. His love for fighting and his anger have turned into laughing and joy. We prayed that they would overlook this thing and let him stay in school. He could graduate in 2 1/2 years which would be a HUGE accomplishment for him. I took R to school, and everything was ok, and then they called me back to come and get him. They said he had to do his time. I thought he was going to cry. I tried calling the DISD for help, but they had none.
So when I got to work that morning I talked to R, and said that he had to face the fact that he needed to do his time. We had studied Isaiah 53 that morning, and talked about that even Jesus learned obedience through suffering. He said ok. I called back Dallas Can and the enrollment counselor was pretty cold. I was asking her how to get R back in the other school. Then at the end of the conversation, I sighed, and said: I was really believing for a second chance for R. She then said, well, there is one more thing you can try. If you go to the Principal that assigned the days, he has the power to release R from them. WE PRAYED!!! Then we went. I said to the Principal that I was there asking for mercy, grace and a second chance. I told him that R was living with us now, that we were responsible for his schooling, and would he be willing to give him a chance at a new start. The principal looked at me and said yes! He typed the letter, we rushed back to Dallas Can, and R is in!!
We have now started a Bible study at Barrymore and have about ten ladies coming. One of the ladies came and said that she has a lump in her breast that they were going to test for cancer, so we prayed for healing. She went home and the next few days the lump grew big, and tender and then in the night bust open. She woke up with blood all over the sheets and the lump gone. When she went in to get tested there was nothing!! Unknown to us, another of our ladies had the same thing. As we were praying for S, she said she felt the power of God, and believed her lump had been healed. Yesterday she brought us the report back. It said: NO EVIDENCE OF CANCER!!!
I know this is getting so long, but one more thing. For many years it has been my dream to go to Burma and minister to the ladies there. They have repeatedly asked me when I am in India, but it is a closed country. Well, we have begun an outreach to the Karen people ( our new YWAM worker is Karen) so I told them I would teach them English. As I sat and talked to these ladies (through and interpreter) I came to understand that they were all from Burma. I almost burst out crying. I could not go there, so I get to be with them here. God is so amazing. He listens to our hearts.
We are taking a group of ladies from Barrymore to the Sojourn Women's Conference. It will be a first time for most. We are very excited about that. Pray they are deeply touched.
I love you all. None of this would happen without your love and support. God bless you, Barbara
No comments:
Post a Comment