Hello friends! I can finally send you some pictures of my time in Kyrgyzstan now that it does not cost a fortune to download! :-)
Here is Chelsea during her visit surrounded by dried fish and men!! We stopped to see the stand of dried fish, and when they saw Chelsea they rushed over and begged me to take a picture of them with her. I did, and as promised mailed it to them before I left!
The Ladies of Nura
Here are some of the women from Nura who received their scarves that the women of Sojourn Church sent to them. The lady on the right in the blue scarf is the one who said that since she has come to know Jesus her "whole life has changed. She now has peace and comfort despite her terrible loss in
the earthquake."
The lady with the maroon vest on the left is the leader's wife. She is the one who goes from container to container telling the women to "read their book! It is the truth!"
Here are the apartments where the toilets would have gone. There are 60 families here with out a single toilet. I have left the whole thing in the Lords hands, but I cannot help but feel sad for the ladies that live in these apartments.
At the end of this email is a video of when we were stuck in the snow. Forgive the quality, it was taken with my still camera.
"Modern Day Princess" Youth Seminar
Modern Day Princess is a Christian "rite of passage" program that is a way of bringing young women into adulthood. Because I was doing it in a Muslim nation, I had to adjust the program a bit, and teach it through a translator. But in the end, what a blessing!!!
"Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a women who fears the
Lord shall be praised....."
We studied what Godly men and woman look like since they have seen so few. I bought each of the girls a journal and taught them the value in journaling. Then I challenged them to make a list in their journals of what they would like in a husband. One of the girl's list had 62 characteristics!!! We studied the value of sexual purity, to the girls amazement and embarrassment. I think the girls blushed through the entire teaching!
We learned the value of true friends. The girls were challenged to do something really wonderful for their best friend that week!
The girls are proudly showing off their tie dyed handkerchiefs. I was teaching them the beauty in individuality. We studied Psalm 139, and how they are fearfully and wonderfully made. I gave them each the same supplies and they did the same thing, and yet none of theirs turned out the same! The older lady in the photo is one of the oldest believers in Kstan. (15 years) She wanted to come so badly so I welcomed her. By the end of the week we had five women who came everyday to hear the teachings.
Here is tiny S.. getting crowned and prayed over. I bought each of the girls a new Bible, and they received a "crown", which was a jeweled headband. One of the girls who had just received the Lord, wept when we prayed over her.
No comments:
Post a Comment