Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hello friends!

After taking a leave of absence I am happy to say that I am back at YWAM Dallas! After just finishing the Fall Festival, we are moving ahead to the holidays and our big Christmas Outreach. I am excited about it!

I have to tell you some of the things that have happened. They will build your faith. At church we have a missionary who is in Mexico running an Orphanage. As you know, Mexico has become a very dangerous place. On a Wednesday night, his car was surrounded and he was dragged from it and kidnapped by one of the Mexican cartels. They demanded a ransom of 1 million pesos ( I think around $1oo,ooo.oo US dollars). Everyone began praying. There was only $5,000.00 US dollars! The deadline for the money was on Thursday at noon. It came and went , and then they came and told their captor, that they had made a mistake and were going to let him go!!! It is such a giant miracle, that all of us have had such a boost of faith and joy in the Lord! GOD IS AMAZING!! If you would like to view the celebration here is the link on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1605276528504&subj=609518027




This is a picture of my car filled with he bread for the Barrymore Outreach! We have continued with bread and prayer. One of the ladies from Sojourn Ladies Prayer, Ellen Jenkins, has become my partner. I am so grateful, and we are a good team. Week before last we had so much bread that I went to the neighboring apartment complex (The Snooty Parrot....hehe!!!) to see if they wanted some bread. I met a couple and brought them for bread. They were really rough looking, covered with tattoos, skinny.. etc. I asked them if I could pray for them they said no, and she said: "Do not touch me!" They got the bread and left. The next week I went back to get them, and they came for bread. This time when we asked if we could pray for them, they said yes, but again, not to touch her. So we prayed that though we could not touch her, we knew God could touch her. She began to cry, told her boyfriend to leave, and began to confide in us that CPS had just passed down a ruling taking her child away from her permanently! By this time she is really crying. We were heart broken and prayed that God would do a miracle. Pray for her. Her name is Kelly, the child is named Kiely.

Several of the women have begun to come and hang around and I am praying about starting a prayer group with them. It is not easy logistically so pray that God will make a way.


A very cool thing happened to me at a Conference I recently attended. Georgian Banov was ministering. I ended up walking into the building with him and I asked him if he would pray for me to be able to play my violin in worship like he does. During the Worship time he came off of the stage and handed me his violin and told me to play! I had not played for ages, and was terrified, but did my best to scratch out a few notes. It was such a sweet thing for him and for God to do, my heart was deeply touched. One of my friends snapped this pic on her phone and though it is blurry, I love it. It is a testimony to the kindness of God, and His willingness to give us the desires of our hearts.

I love you friends! God is moving and doing great things! I am so thankful to be used by Him to bring His Kingdom to earth. Thank you all for your prayers and support!

God bless you! Barbara

No comments: