David and Emele with the kids at KAA Kamp!!
Hello friends!
It has been awhile since I have written, but I have taken a leave of absence from Y Dallas, to get a bit of R and R and to refocus before I make the next years commitment.
I will tell you bits and pieces on YWAM news. We had the most incredible thing happen in August. Our van had broken down, irreparably, and all we had to transport the kids was my Hundai Accent. It was not a good thing. I had been praying for a new van since the day I started. After Friday night service ended, I went outside and David was talking to a lady. She had just driven up and given us the keys to a used mini van. I grabbed her and hugged her and thanked her. I was so excited I was jumping up and down. Then as I got in my car I said to the Lord: "Father I am so grateful for your gift, but Lord, we need another one for me to drive." By the end of that week, we had someone give us a brand new 15 passenger van!! It was so above and beyond what I had expected I could not believe it! The kids from the Barrymore apartments and I had prayed ever week for a new van. I went and picked them up in my car, and when we got to the driveway I asked them what we had been praying for. They said a van. I said: "Look in the driveway." They said: "Is that our van?" I said to them: "that is what you get when you pray. That is how much God hears you! That is how much God loves you!"
If you remember the Barrymore apartment outreach, it has continued. I want to tell you of a giant miracle that happened. I got there and two ladies asked if they could get some of the free bread out of our van. I said yes. A few minutes later they came running back saying the van had been stolen! I thought they meant our van, but instead it was their van. Their little old relative had the keys hanging out of his pocket, and some women ran up, grabbed the keys and took off in the van. Indignation rose in me and I cried out: "In the name of Jesus, I call that van back. Bring that van back NOW in the name of Jesus." The police got there and I went on with the bread distribution. About 15 minutes later I hear: "Miss Barbara, Miss Barbara!!" I go outside and one of the ladies is yelling: "They brought the van back! it is a miracle! It is because of your prayer!" It was an amazing miracle and has opened the hearts of the people even more, and those who would not let me pray for them do now.
I was trying to round us some school supplies, and we ended up getting 12 bags of school supplies donated. Guess how many kids showed up for them? Twelve!!! Then we were given about 50 more bags that were meant for the public school teachers. They didn't pick them up so the same company that donated our graphics (DesL Group) got them for us and ALL of our children got school supplies!! Thank you DesL Group! Thank you Abuelos!
I had planned to go to Burkina Faso, Africa to do a Women's Conference. Sadly it has been canceled because our contact has proven to be involved in ungodly behavior. I am so sad because it would have been the first ministry the women there would have received. Please pray for another open door.
There is a little 11 year old girl that was taken from her family and because there was no room in the foster care system, she has been placed in a drug rehab center. It is a horrible situation. If the Lord puts in on your heart, or maybe already has, please let me know and I can connect you to her.
Thank you all, and God bless you! Barbara
No comments:
Post a Comment