I am writing to you about an amazing opportunity God has given me in an East Dallas Apartment Complex. Here is how it goes:
When I started at Y Dallas, we only had one afro-american girl from this area. It was my job to pick her up for our services. As time has passed I have become friends with all the residents and the Lord has given me great favor there. About a month ago I felt the Lord told me to do a separate outreach there. I told the Lord I was willing, but He needed to make it very clear it was from Him, because I already was so overwhelmed by my schedule. Well, last week the manager came out and met me and asked me if I would be willing to do an outreach there! They offered me a free air conditioned apartment to do it in!
So please pray for this. This is a rough place. The kids in these pics are from that apartment.
I am asking my ladies Sojourn prayer group if they want to help with it. We would start with once a week, probably on Wednesdays. Maybe open the apartment, give them free bread, maybe have a simple meal available and then ask them if we can pray for them. It could work into a Bible Study and who knows what else.
Are you willing to help? If so please write me at: barb4china@yahoo.com
No comments:
Post a Comment