Thursday, October 11, 2007

Worldview Forum

Whether or not you realize it, you have a worldview! You have presuppositions that influence your outlook on life. A worldview has been compared to a lens which alters the way you view life and how you perceive the world you live in. What is your worldview? Is your lens altering your outlook? (allaboutworldview.org)




The Webster dictionary says this about worldview: A worldview describes a consistent (to a varying degree) and integral sense of existence and provides a framework for generating, sustaining, and applying knowledge.

Worldview Types


At least four different worldview types are present in world cultures. The first is a secular worldview. A secular worldview divides the world into natural and supernatural realms and is focused on the natural realm. God is considered to be either non-existent or irrelevant to human affairs.

An animistic worldview has the perception of reality that there are no spiritual or divine forces, and if there were they would have no relevance in our lives.

A pantheistic worldview believes that everything and everyone contains or "is god." Many people with this worldview practice meditation, trying to achieve a "higher consciousness" or enlightenment.

A theistic worldview believes that God created the universe and cares for people as individuals. They believe God is involved in the everyday activities of human beings. Some theists follow God's distinctive way of salvation through Jesus Christ while others focus on submission to and honoring of Allah.



What is your world view? How does it effect your everyday decisions? What kind of things have influenced your worldview. Is there anything that could change it? What could you say about your worldview that could influence another person to change his/her worldview? If you could change the world in one way, what would it be?

I am interested! Please scroll down and tell me about your worldview. I will add them to the blog as I receive them. It will be interesting to document and discuss our differences.

Here are the replies I have received:



chasity said...
The heart of God and His creation is a huge world-view perspective. When I see people closely, I can relate to their hurts, insecurity, and shame. With God, this view is to be looked at closely, When Jesus came, he went from town to town healing the sick-He got to a point where He just stood and saw the multitudes of the people, and with that He had compassion for them. What do you see when you look at people
?

Chelsea said...
A worldview is something completely individual. It is the fingerprint of your perceptions and beliefs. A worldview is the product of the process of filtering one's upbringing against the pervasiveness of our culture. It permeates every facet of life from simple everyday decision making to political stances to lifestyle choices. It can change over time or be stagnant.I have been blessed by growing up in a Christian family, and this has played an enormous role in my life. I know that there is far more to life than what meets the eye. My opinions and persepctives reflect this upbringing. Everyday I see my generation taking part in an empty lifestyle while searching for more meaning in life. They drown their unhappiness in substances and possessions. Cultural influences have morphed their worldview into seeing things and people as disposable. Not having moral standards has become a new societal trend where any and everything goes. It ultimately is a choice between a WORLDview or a GODview.





Yvette said...
I use to see life through pure selfishness now I see life through missions through my faith in christ. Now its given me an attitude of appreciation and I value people and the time they invest in me and most importantly I value

God.

claudia said...
I think my worldview is the results of the core believes I have in my life. Those have been affected a lot by the way I was raised, my life experiences and also my culture. But there has been an event that has definitively changed a lot my perspective on things. When I have asked Jesus to come into my life, I have surrendered to him my thoughts and ways. One might think : oh this sounds like brain washing, but I disagree. It is nothing but the mere acknowledgement of the Lordship of god and just the fact that his is well beyong everything I can comprehend. isn't that what a god is for ? ;) well, I have to say it is a wonderful adventure to ask god, in every situation, to see things the way he sees them :)
October 12, 2007 5:50 PM

Rose Romero said...
This world revolves and evolved from God.From an unbelievable act of kindness,to a beautiful sunset, or a stream in a forrest, to the innocence of a childs eyes, how can any one not believe that there is something more our there, that there is a God.I was healed from a brutal attack, and know in my heart that if I had not believed in God, I would not have healed so completly.The struggle I have with my worldview is the coldness,brutality and ugliness in some people.I tend to not want to help or reach out.
October 19, 2007 5:00 PM










11 comments:

:) said...

The heart of God and His creation is a huge world-view perspective. When I see people closely, I can relate to their hurts, insecurity, and shame.

With God, this view is to be looked at closely, When Jesus came, he went from town to town healing the sick-He got to a point where He just stood and saw the multitudes of the people, and with that He had compassion for them.

What do you see when you look at people?

Chelsea said...

A worldview is something completely individual. It is the fingerprint of your perceptions and beliefs. A worldview is the product of the process of filtering one's upbringing against the pervasiveness of our culture. It permeates every facet of life from simple everyday decision making to political stances to lifestyle choices. It can change over time or be stagnant.

I have been blessed by growing up in a Christian family, and this has played an enormous role in my life. I know that there is far more to life than what meets the eye. My opinions and persepctives reflect this upbringing.

Everyday I see my generation taking part in an empty lifestyle while searching for more meaning in life. They drown their unhappiness in substances and possessions. Cultural influences have morphed their worldview into seeing things and people as disposable. Not having moral standards has become a new societal trend where any and everything goes.

It ultimately is a choice between a WORLDview or a GODview.

:) said...

I use to see life through pure selfishness now I see life through missions through my faith in christ. Now its given me an attitude of appreciation and I value people and the time they invest in me and most importantly I value God. Yvette

Anonymous said...

I think my worldview is the results of the core believes I have in my life. Those have been affected a lot by the way I was raised, my life experiences and also my culture. But there has been an event that has definitively changed a lot my perspective on things. When I have asked Jesus to come into my life, I have surrendered to him my thoughts and ways. One might think : oh this sounds like brain washing, but I disagree. It is nothing but the mere acknowledgement of the Lordship of god and just the fact that his is well beyong everything I can comprehend. isn't that what a god is for ? ;) well, I have to say it is a wonderful adventure to ask god, in every situation, to see things the way he sees them :)

Rose Romero said...

This world revolves and evolved from God.From an unbelievable act of kindness,to a beautiful sunset, or a stream in a forrest, to the innocence of a childs eyes, how can any one not believe that there is something more our there, that there is a God.I was healed from a brutal attack, and know in my heart that if I had not believed in God, I would not have healed so completly.The struggle I have with my worldview is the coldness,brutality and ugliness in some people.I tend to not want to help or reach out.

Anonymous said...

Drug Slang Pearl hot news
http://www.faesusa.com/ - purchase lexapro
This drug is mostly prescribed by many physicians nowadays.
[url=http://www.faesusa.com/]lexapro medication[/url]
Today it has been used by more than 17 million people in the United States alone.
lexapro no prescription
Symptoms of depression are always linked with anxiety.


[url=http://www.madeinmetal.net/]levitra online pharmacy[/url]
You can order generic Levitra (Vardenafil) medication at reputable online pharmacy and save big money!
order levitra without prescription
Uses: While Levitra is essentially used to treat erectile dysfunction in men, many people are also taking it as a quick substitute for Viagra or Cialis.
http://www.madeinmetal.net/ - order levitra online
Levitra will not give you an erection if you are not sexually aroused, nor does it help increase your sex drive.

Anonymous said...

Download Alexi Delano And Xpansul Mp3 (2)
http://danceplatform.net/artist164882/edwin-yearwood/1/ - Download Edwin Yearwood Mp3 (1) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist519852/andrew-spencer-vs-lazard/1/]Download Andrew Spencer Vs Lazard Mp3[/url] (3) http://danceplatform.net/artist140151/koda-kumi/1/ - Download Koda Kumi Mp3 (28) http://danceplatform.net/artist165505/ferry-corsten/1/ - Download Ferry Corsten Mp3 (70) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist138576/groove-coverage/1/]Download Groove Coverage Mp3[/url] (17) http://danceplatform.net/artist312722/shitmat/1/ - Download Shitmat Mp3 (4) Download Stereo MC's Mp3 (7) Download Green Court feat. DeVision Mp3 (1) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist113628/gigi-d-agostino/1/]Download Gigi D'Agostino Mp3[/url] (41) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist262875/mateo-and-matos/1/]Download Mateo and Matos Mp3[/url] (2) http://danceplatform.net/artist528133/digital-bros/1/ - Download Digital Bros Mp3 (1) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist127908/x-dream/1/]Download X-Dream Mp3[/url] (9) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist306093/psapp/1/]Download Psapp Mp3[/url] (5) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist425058/danny/1/]Download Danny Mp3[/url] (3) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist528924/dyce/1/]Download Dyce Mp3[/url] (1)

Anonymous said...

Pot Drugs http://www.riversidefirstsundays.org/ - viagra bestellen
Informieren Sie sich also vorher gut, bevor Sie sich zu diesem Weg entscheiden.
[url=http://www.riversidefirstsundays.org/]viagra bestellen[/url]

Anonymous said...

Cancer Treatment Chemotherapy Drugs http://mapra.org/ - buy escitalopram online You can order cheap brand and generic Lexapro (Escitalopram) at one of the trusted online pharmacies: [url=http://mapra.org/]lexapro anxiety[/url]

Anonymous said...

Longden Medicine In The 1800 http://cafemetrolouisville.com/ - cheap isotretinoin Many doctors have found that Accutane is also helpful in the treatment of fibrodysplasia ossificans progressive, a rare but painful disease of the skin. [url=http://cafemetrolouisville.com/]accutane pharmacy[/url]

Anonymous said...

Clean Drug Screening http://ugafootballbook.com/ - lamisil price These side effects are usually self limiting in those that do experience them. [url=http://ugafootballbook.com/]lamisil for sale[/url]